Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beading Babes (Project 5) Helena Tang-Lim










On May 25th of this year, I celebrated my 2nd Beading Anniversary. I know that may sound funny to some, but to me it is a really special day that I hold dear to my heart along with my children's birthdays!
I had the pleasure of celebrating my beading anniversary bead-weaving a couple of great patterns that Karyn Healy-White, had chosen for Project 5  for the Beading Babes Group on Facebook. She had chosen two delightful designs that were created by Helena Tang-Lim. 

The first one being the "Four Leaf Clover Cuff." This was a very addictive pattern for me. I wanted to make it in every possible  3mm bead and colorway that existed. I ended making the three cuffs that you see above. The first one is Helena's original design. The second one I added a fourth row along with some extra odd and end 3mm crystals. The third one was actually made in five separate pieces that I sewed together with 3mm Czech Fire Polish beads and Swarovski crystals. 








The second design being the "Echoes of Nefertiti Necklace." I definitely learned a lot from this pattern. I started beading this pattern a little at a time, making a couple of small pendants here and a couple of large pendants there. I really enjoyed Helena's amazing skill of embellishing. This pattern never ceased to amaze me with all of the techniques and details.   

Well, along came summer for my kids and the, "Echoes of Nefertiti Necklace", became neglected until the very last moment before the"Reveal", on Sunday, June 24th. I was so upset with myself for not working on it before! I finished the large pendant in the middle on the Friday before the,"Reveal". I still had to make the toggle and the clasp and the Herringbone ropes on the sides. On Saturday morning I finished the toggle then in the afternoon the clasp, the early evening came along and I had to make dinner for the kids and my husband and a house guest that felt neglected by me because I had been ignoring them the entire time with headphones in my ears! I was not able to sit back down again till three hours later to finally start beading up the Herringbone ropes. I failed to remind myself that I had never learned how to make a Twisted Tubular Herringbone before! 

Well, to make a long story short, I finally learned how to make a Twisted Tubular Herringbone Rope, after several panicking attempts at 2:00 in the morning of the, "Reveal." I finally finished everything, pictures and all around 12:00pm that very afternoon!

I have definitely enjoyed being part of this wonderful group of inspiring ladies! They all have been so sweet with their compliments and comments! I have really enjoyed beading Helena's designs and I am grateful that her patterns have taught me so much! I am looking forward to Project 6. This time I won't wait till the last minute to finish it, hopefully!









8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Rossana. I absolutely adore all of your pieces but I especially love your multicoloured Four Leaf Clover cuff and your Nefertiti necklace. The colours you used in that cuff are just gorgeous...I'd wear that in a heartbeat!

    I am so glad you found my little group and honoured that your beading anniversary coincided with finding Beading Babes!

    Thanks for taking part and I look forward to seeing you for Project 6!

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karyn! I enjoyed making all the projects and the challenges that it presented.
      I am honored to be part of this wonderful Beading Babes Group!
      I am very much looking forward to Project 6 and it's challenges.

      Delete
  2. Very nice work, I love the colours you chose for the necklace it is beautiful!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, for taking out the time to see my blog and for the wonderful compliments!

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm sure by now you've seen the projects for project 6. I feel challenged just to choose which to do first. Your cuffs are great. The orange with a mix of crystals may be my favorite from this round of projects. Don't stress about the reveal dates next time. SO impressed you did all that so quickly though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ginger! I really wanted to be part of all of the sharing on time with everyone in the group on Reveal Day!
    I am too feeling a little challenged with the projects on Project 6. I am contemplating which one to do first and on the embroidery cuff. I have done only a half of an embroidery piece and I just started learning this past year in late April. So that will definitely be a challenge in itself, but that is one of the reasons why I joined this group, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great examples of the projects. It was the colours in your Echoes of Nefertiti which put me on the track of using orange tones for my own. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...