Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crocheting with Beads

Black Speckled Goldstone Bangle
Designed by Rossana De Gaspari
8mm Goldstones
Crocheting with beads was one of my hardest endeavors. It was also one of the first techniques I learned when I first started my journey with beading. I was introduced to this beading techniques by my wonderful friend Marcy. I fell head over heels in love with the pieces that she was creating from this, so she was brave enough to teach me. I really had a hard time learning this but I will tell you that till today it is my favorite type of beading so far. It took me two and a half weeks to finally get it down. It finally happened around 2:00am and I am in bed practicing with some really big pony beads and yarn and all of a sudden it just clicked! I was really excited that I finally learned! Needless to say my husband was not to happy to hear me at 2:00 in the morning saying, "Look, look I finally did it!!!" Good thing he is a heavy sleeper. I guess that is the reason why its my favorite! I guess when you work so hard for something it is what you cherish the most! Now I bead crochet almost any type of beads. If you have not tried crocheting with beads please do it is really relaxing once you learn. Hopefully, it will not take you as long as I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...